Music!!

laxpug19

On the trail, off the trail, beach strip top down, or sunday drive.

for me country,country,country,country... with a little zepplin thrown in... what about you guys? nothing is better then blasting some george straight, kenny, or dierks bently. The guys know that your in a filthy jeep and love the country aspect, and the girls love the clean detailed jeep and just wanna ride in it high up from their usual ricer b/f's car.:lol:

when I'm in the mood for country its usually Sirius Outlaw or Roadhouse.
But you can't beat a good CCR album either.

"big wheel keep on turnin.... Proud Mary keeps on burnin', rollin' rollin', rollin' on the river........

Well I am a country boy at heart so naturally It's country most of the time but, When I feel the need to get pumped or Just in the mood for something else It's got to be Aldo Nova or any other rock from the 70's & 80's.

Country, classic rock... but I'll listen to everything except hip hop/rap/dance music. Very few exceptions but that stuff just doesn't do it for me.

I just listened to Jewel's version of Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Wow that was pretty impressive.

Carrie underwood is the only female i listen too, im in love.

I used to listen to country all the time but got burned out! I mostly listen to classic rock nowadays.

Didn't we just have a thread like this a month or so ago? Oh, well. Anything but rap for me, but mostly classic rock, bluegrass, new age, songs from WWII, or classical, pretty much in that order.

Old time string band and some Bluegrass. Alot of Folk and classic country fill my world. I like blues, zydeco, and the off beat out there music that will never go gold! Not much recored in the past 10 or 15 years top 40 Rock or Country seems to be worth my time any more. Then again I am an old poop and I am set in my ways. But the classic rock stations that play the songs of my youth are still in just about every city in the united stated some where around the 101.5 on the FM dial. there is not much music any more that will stand the test of time like that. Like the orginal post on this subject said throw in some Led Zepplin! tug

what, no Marley Fans?! Nothin' like a taste of Jamaica on a sunny day with the top down.

Attachments

• MARLEY.jpg
    MARLEY.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

You guys are making me feel young ;). I came of age in the 90's, and despite living in West Virginia, I didn't really care for country music. I was a big fan of the grunge/alternative rock movement of the 90's. My favorite band of all time is without a doubt The Smashing Pumpkins (whom, if you haven't heard, are apparently getting back together after breaking up in 2000, and are said to be putting the finishing touches on a new album). Nirvana was also great. Of course who doesn't love a little classic Metallica (very few songs newer than the 'Black' album do it for me though). To be fair, my best friend got me hooked on Rush, and I've been to a couple of their live shows and they put on an AWESOME live show. My girlfriend is really into country music so I've sort of opened up to it and I don't mind listening to it - however I'm really too new to the genre to list any specific artists/songs. I will say that growing up in the '80's in the backwoods of West Virginia, I love me some Waylon Jennings.

Sorry, 90, I'm too cheap to pay for radio. I miss not having a CD player in my work truck, but I've got an Ipod coming to solve that.

I thought that way until I got one. The cool thing is if you travel alot, you never loose signal to the station you are listening to and there are no commercials on the music channels.. I know it sounds a little silly paying to listen to radio, but this isn't your average radio.8)

Reggae all the way. When one of my sons got into Rap, I bought him every Bob and Ziggy cd I could find, with a little Tosh thrown in, too. Rap has it's roots in Reggae so I knew he'd love it. When he graduated I made a peace sign in Rasta colors for his mortorboard- a little much for our White Bread Mountain town! I'll listen to about anything....right now it's Grandpa Got Run Over by a Beer Truck by Da Yoopers- some people have no taste or class, myself included!

Back