MPG with your Jeep???

sicnik said:
Does anyone remember what the formula was to figure your mpg after going to a larger tire size with out changing your speedo gear? it was divide something by the old tire size then multiply it by something etc... It was on an old post which I cannot find. I think Sparky or TC gave it to me, if that helps.

Nick
I don't remember any that give an actual MPG calc. but here's a link to some calculators that can help you figure yours out:
http://www.intercotire.com/site41.php

I figured out my actual miles driven via GPS. I have determined that my odometer reading x 1.07 gives me my actual mileage. So I take my odometer reading, multiply by 1.07 then divide the amount of gas used and viola...

Green97TJ said:
I typically get around 12 or 13 out of my 4cyl TJ... with 30" tires... now thats sickening.

Nathan
DUDE! your jeep needs some help!
My partner also has a 97 TJ with the 2.5 and his is sitting on 35' tires and hes still getting 13-14MPG
and all he has done was the cold air intake

I'm running a '97 with the 4.0L with 3.55 rears with the Detroit Locker on 30" and the MPG is around 15-17, I'm running mid-grade 'cause regular drops down to 13-14 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green97TJ
I typically get around 12 or 13 out of my 4cyl TJ... with 30" tires... now thats sickening.

Nathan
DUDE! your jeep needs some help!
My partner also has a 97 TJ with the 2.5 and his is sitting on 35' tires and hes still getting 13-14MPG
and all he has done was the cold air intake

yea I know... Im just not sure where to start and I dont really have any money anyway. Changed the exhaust manifold gasket a day or two ago. May not help mileage any, but it sure is a lot quieter. Probably needs new O2 sensors (105k miles, Im assuming original sensors) but I dont have enough money for those.

Nathan

I have an 02 TJ 4.0 16 Wheels and 31 MTR's,with Rustys Air Tube. If i don't drive aggressively, i cant squeeze 21mpg, mostly hiway.

Back