Motor/Trans Mounts

stacker46

Advice needed

What type of motor mounts and transmission mounts does everyone recommend? Should I look into getting polyurethane ones, or should I just stick to the replacements from the parts store?

Thanks!

Replacement rubber mounts. Here's why. The poly's will last longer, sure, but because of their stiffness and rigidity, it'll translate those vibes into your frame more thus making for a less comfortable ride. The rubbers are soft and will deteriorate over time (years) but will absorb more of the vibes.

I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, though.

C

I like the poly mounts. Anything that reduces engine/transmission movement is a plus from a performance standpoint, and they don't rip apart as easily as the rubber ones.

something to think about hi_c... Does anybody have poly mounts that noticed a difference in the ride once they were in?

It would be years before the rubber mounts deteriorate to the point of needing replaced again, but if poly's offer a big enough advantage in reducing movement, it may be worth it....

As I said...

hi_c said:
I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, though.

But my original rubber mounts lasted nearly 162K miles... that's a formula I ain't gonna mess with.

C

Mountain Off Road Engineering (M.O.R.E.) bomb proof motor mounts! Will never break, and are easy to install. Problem with the OEM motor mounts is they do seperate, causing the motor to "clunk" around, and if one is unlucky enough to have the passanges side mount installed backwards (or upside down) when the drivers side does let go, the (usually on a trail in some nasty rock) passanger side can and will rip open the oil filter! Been there seen that!

Can't happen with these M.O.R. E. mounts!

Course if ya never wheel your Jeep hard, then I guess the stockers will do just fine

anyone have a CARFAX account?

I've seen the oil filter ripped off before too. Nobody ever has a spare and it's hard to drive out with no oil in the engine.
I have the poly's all the way around and prefer them because I'm running a 360 to a Th400 down to 1 tons with 39.5's on it. When you stab on the gas all that torque and grip on the tires can shred rubber motor and transmission mounts. Who cares about small vibes from the poly anyway. It's no worse than any set of mud tires.
It's just one less thing to worry about.

Back