max rear diff angle?

mag955i

First of all Thanks for all the help I've gotten from everyone. I now have a 4" lift with new gears and a new rear driveline to compensate for the driveline angle. However, I am wondering much angle I can put on my rear diff as I have a little bit of vibration in the 25-35mph range. This was alleviated when I dropped the T-case and inch, but then it shifts funny in 2nd 4th and R. So I raised the T-case up to normal and the viration is back. I have a CV driveline and need to match the driveline angle and pinion angle, but don't want to mess up the lubrication. How much can I shim the rear axle without running into problems?????

rich[addsig]

Point it up so the pinion angle matches the driveshaft angle, works for everybody else with no lubrication problems.[addsig]

As a general rule you will need 6-8 deg of wedge to get the rear pinion to point directly at the back of the transfer case. I do not know of anyone that has had lubrication problems with this setup. Just a reminder that the max amount that the rear pinion can be out of alignment with the tranfer case is 3 deg with a cv driveshaft. Don

edited by: dondi40here, Jul 20, 2003 - 06:31 PM[addsig]

here is what i'm seeing... you say you had some problem with 2nd, 4th, and reverse... to fix that, you can lower the case once again if you wish... but you will have to cut away some of your body behind your shifter... your shifting problems were from the shifter binding on your floorboard... its not a tough job, and it works too.... but for the pinion angle... I always say to put it 3 degrees BELOW a straight line to your output of the Tcase... that way, when it is under torque, it will be pointed straight toward the case. [addsig]

Back