K&N airfilter

smokey1973

I just recently put a K&N airfilter on my 2004 rubi that I bought from Quadratec, and I was wondering what the pros and cons are......I know it will get more air to the intake, but will it be harmful to my engine over a long period of time with all the computer components and specs set to the original filter. I know that the original breather according to the factory will do fine, I guess I am wondering if anybody can tell me if it will be worth it to install. I know that when u buy the filter for a vehicle, it works great, I was just wondering what affect it will have on my jeep when I replace the whole breather system.

You get more flow with the K&N, especially if you install the whole system. You'll also get cooler more dense air with the system. It filters just as good and you should see some small performance gains.

In my opinion the biggest benefit of the K&N on a stock/semi stock TJ is that the non-reusable filters run like $20 while the K&N only runs $50. If you run the K&N for a number of years you'll save a butt-load of cash, especially if you run your Jeep in dusty conditions and have to replace your filter more often than normal.

I have been running a K&N filter on all my toys for over 20 years now.
I had one on my first car back in 82 to now. It is the very first mod I do to every car or toy I own.
I have had one in my 99 Banshee where I run it on the sand dunes, Cinders , the salt flats east of Salk Lake city here to plain old dusty conditions in the lower deserts. This Quad takes a beating, I literally ride it hard and put it away wet. And the top end and carb intakes looks brand new. With over 1500 hours of run time I have saved myself over 400$ in filters alone.

The small boost in performance when you run a free-er type of filter like a K&N it barley noticeable but you do notice the savings in filters. If you just take a peek at it every 3 months or so and wash it when it needs it according to the instructions it will out last your jeep.

Oh and thanks for reminding me...BRB have to go check mine. Thanks

How's the K&N respond to extreme cold? Up here in northern Alberta, I can see using it in summer, but, how's winter effect the extra dense air getting in?

The K&N filter is a very worth while investment, just make sure to keep it from getting to built up with grime or you'll never get it clean. And also remember a half dirty air filter works better at trapping particles than a spotlessly clean one (especially a K&N).

Back