Instatrunk

docleary

I've been looking at the Instatrunk from Tops For Less for my 2004 Unlimited. Anyone installed these units? Pros/cons? Would be great to have some additional lockable storage. Thanks!

Personally, I think it's too little for too much. I think this could be fab'd out of steel, wood or even aluminum for a fraction of the cost that would be far more secure.

I was wondering if there is a model specific to the Unlimited-larger trunk space? Or is one model supposed to fit both? Anyone have a picture of the Instatrunk installed in an Unlimited? Trying to get an idea as to how this fits tight against the Unlimiteds rear seat. Thanks again

I like the idea of the insta trunk and adding something like this to my TJ is on my "to-do list", but I am with HiHood, I plan on shaping mine out of metal and covering it in carpet to match the interior carpeting.

Made mine out of wood.I only did the top.I have plans to make one out of metal that will have a back against the seat to protect things a little better.

Attachments

• Trunk 6.jpg
    Trunk 6.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 2,146
If nothing else, I'd keep your eye on Craigslist... i see a lot of instatrunks up for sale around here, usually for half-price or better.

I love my factory insta trunk. I take my laptop to work every day and it's nice to have a place to lock it up when running errands. It may be small but it's the only secure place in a jeep with a soft top.

I would assume the MOPAR add a trunk would mount the same in an 04 Unlimited as a standard Wrangler, but just wouldn't fill the entire area space available. Any vendors offering the MOPAR version? I like the "flip top" feature

I checked 4wd hardware and right now you can get an Instatrunk for $116.99 shipped.
I have a factory add a trunk from my 2002 TJ , I don't know if it will fit or if it is what you want though. It is not the Locking kind but you can't open it unless the tailgate is open. Shipping for anything right now is rediculous though.

Back