Homemade rockers

brian4.2

This is sully here,and I have got some pics for you.My dad saw the post with a pic of bounty's home built rockers.For the last few weeks.My dad and I slightly modified bounty's design,and we fabricated these rockers.Enjoy the pics.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
[/img]

Credit to Bounty, even the tube part,we just stood it off to let the junk fall thru, here goes. 4 x 4 x 1/4" angle.You need 10' total. Mark in place,then cut to wacky angles with plasma torch. Drill 8 oversized 3/8" holes. 10' of 1 1/2" square x 1/4" wall steel tube. We have a cold saw so the cutting of that heavy tube was not too bad. 45 deg where they hit the angle iron and 22.5 where they meet at the corners.Spacer tubes are 1 1/4", just enough to get a tweeco welding gun in there. Most important part is to grind big
1/4" bevels on all parts so you can grind the weld flush without losing strength. Grind it all flush with a 4". Paint with rustoleum, wait a day, wait another day cause its cold. Bolt it up,found some black 3/8 button head cap screws and put a rubber weatherstrip at the top of the angle against the body to keep the agua out. These things are quite heavy but I'll bet functional. 50lbs each. Total cost for both $55 material 6 hours to build and install.

I need to do the TJ but it doesnt look so straight forward.

Good idea on the rubber weatherstripping, I need to add some next time I have mine off.

One thing I did different is go from fender opening to fender opening, going underneath the fender flares and notching them.

Looks good. Are they attached to the frame anywhere or is it all body? I saw some this morning that bolt in where the body mounts are. I thought that was another good idea. I just went under the body and welded to the frame, and added trusses to make them super strong. Either way they look really nice.

They look real nice! I think just the plate's would be enough though. I can picture those on my jeep, causing some difficulties in tight spots. (but that's just me.) They do look good!

Back