Fuel pump issues

lqdtrance

Fuel pump stopped working. No power to pump. Checked relay and it works and I have 12v at relay. Jumped out the relay to supply constant 12 to the pump but still no power at the pump. Can't find any issue with the wires going to pump. PCM works fine, everything else works. Pump itself was tested and works. I need help in a bad way.

I would trace the power wire back to the pump and see where the power is lose could be a torn wire or maybe a ground wire issue, could it be that the pump just quit working on you?

Already replaced the pump. Tested at the battery and it works good. I'm thinking maybe the TPS or the CPS might be interfering. Not sure how to do the ohm test on the CPS. Something is keeping the relay from fully switching over. If its not those then I was thinking ground issue somewhere. I traced the wire and found no obvious issues. I did notice that my TPS is broken. I'm installing another today. Hoping that's the issue.

I don't see why a tps or cps would cause a pump or relay issue, i would trace both ground and power wires, do you have a ASD relay? I know my jeep does and that also controls the fuel pump too. Id check there aswell. On my tj I have a fuel pump relay and an asd relay both affect the fuel pump if disconnected

ASD, auto shutdown??? Yeah I have one. I checked that. The relay works ok. Replaced the TPS and nothing still. Cleaning up the grounds as we speak. About ready to just wire up a new line from the ignition. That way I'm mobile but can stl trouble shoot the issue.
According to a few forums, the CPS will shut down the pump as well as the TPS. If the TPS is stuck full throttle or so it auto shuts down the relay.

Yes asd is the autoshut down, the cps can cause a no start situation, not sure if it immobilize the pump

Back