First time offroad!

Jesse

So today I went for my first trip offroading. (Embarrassing really) And I also got stuck for the first time!:p Here are some pictures of when i got stuck, unfortunately i didn't get any others..

Attachments

• 100107_120518.jpg
    100107_120518.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 100107_120533.jpg
    100107_120533.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 100107_122536.jpg
    100107_122536.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 100107_122847.jpg
    100107_122847.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 100107_130102.jpg
    100107_130102.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 110

Nice pics..Looks like fun.Did you have any other vehicles with you?

You still probably still had fun. If you go wheeling much, you are going to get stuck sooner or later, it's part of the sport! Just some advice, never go alone!

If you aren't getting stuck, your not trying hard enough. you think mud was fun, go find some rocks

Yeah... I learn some important lessons yesterday like, DON'T GO ALONE! ANd I expected to get stuck, but not in the first 10 minutes of being there.. But I had a great time, but now it's time to change the fluid in the diffs, transfer case and manual transmission since they were underwater, right?

Last edited:
not unless the vents were under water. I think the tj has all the vents on teh fire wall except the rear diff vents somewhere up in the drivers rear wheel well I think.

and even if the vents were submerged, unless for a very long time, the vents have a semi-permiable airator on the end that will not let water in unless it is for a long period of time or under pressure.

edit..for the transmission, if teh top of the shifter was under water, you might want to check the fluid.

crap, if the fluid hasn't been changed in a long time, then do them all, but may not be needed.

That looks just like the tank trap that I got stuck in. I bought my Jeep, had it about two weeks and was feeling frisky. So, here I am in my shorts and flip-flops (girlfriend in-tow, shorts and flip-flops) stuck in all-kinds-o-mud. We started to walk home to get my truck to pull myself out......and someone in a Dodge truck pulled up and offered help. The guy told me that I wasnt giving Jeep a good rep by getting it stuck the way I did. I am thinkin "you drive your truck in that mud pit and see how far you get" I wish I had some pics! It wasnt exactly legal to be where I was (I found out later) so I wasnt thinking about a camera.

Yeah, I later looked on youtube, and they have competitions to see who can get the furthest in that mud pit. Not who can make it through it but make it the furthest.. But HEY! At least I can say i tried..

that's crazy, you ain't been Jeepin lest you've been stuck at LEAST ONCE!! Now you're a "Jeeper". And those that say Jeeps don't get stuck, are saying it fasiciously or have never been Jeepin. 'ceptin ME of coarse, cause I drive THAT GOOD.:lol:

that's crazy, you ain't been Jeepin lest you've been stuck at LEAST ONCE!! Now you're a "Jeeper". And those that say Jeeps don't get stuck, are saying it fasiciously or have never been Jeepin. 'ceptin ME of coarse, cause I drive THAT GOOD.:lol:

From the looks of your pic you drove the wheels right off the Jeep..:lol:

Looks like a cool place to 4 wheel.Where was it? Paved roads,a wasteful way to spend tax payers dollars.:D <tax man

Jesse.................and thus the addiction begins.

I am addicted... I'm already planning my next trip!

Looks like a cool place to 4 wheel.Where was it? Paved roads,a wasteful way to spend tax payers dollars.:D <tax man
Answer >>
Nice pics. That looks like Hollister Hills.

Hollister isn't to far from me, an yeah that is where I was.

If I ever get out that way Ill have to try it in my xj cause my flatie aint going nowhere near that much mud , but I think my xj would make it almost all the way out but not quite all the way!!!!!!!:D

Good luck 54cj3b. They have competitions to see who can get the furthest, not who can get through it.. haha

the way my skidplates are its like a boat gliding on water front to rear plates 35 tires front /rear locked be a good chalange its not the mud its how insain you are behind the wheel:D

Back