first jeep experince

beaucarroll

a funny thing happend to me when i first got my jeep. i noticed people i didnt know were waving at me and my wife noticed it too. she would always say who was that! it took me a while to relize that the people that were waving that i thought i didnt know. i really did know because they were driving jeeps. it feels great to be a part of the family. :lol:

As Mud calls it, "Jeep Addiction". we just don't make it annonymous.. Like Bikers, there's that Brother and sisterhood bond between Jeepers..

Well, it doesn't stop there. Next you will be seeing what you can drive your Jeep over, on, or through hell even flip it and laugh about as your rolling it back over. Next, even your neighbors will start trading their trucks in to go Jeeping with you like mine are. Good luck and have fun. Nothing like Jeep family love!

Like Bikers, there's that Brother and sisterhood bond between Jeepers..

misery loves company LOL notice both Jeeps & Harleys have something in common...wrenches! god love em

Not first experience , but funny. My family always went jeeping on roads so narrow that only one jeep could drive. The only way to pass was to back-up to a wider area. I mean it was a 1000 foot drop or more. It was my job to stand on the grand daddy shift handle. I was only about 8 or so at this time and sat on a wooden seat in the middle. I remember going up a very steep shale road. The jeep wouldn't go we tried and tried so we had to stop and unload to make it the rest of the way. All I remember is my grandmother taking one step out of the jeep. She was there one minute and gone the next. She had stepped on the snow and was flying down the mountain a good 300ft. We had to go get her and help her back up. Once we walked up to meet the jeep. My grandfather said we really did not have to do that he had fogotten to turn the hubs. It was worth the laugh to see a gray haired old lady go sledding without a sled. I also remember the rock bridges we had to make because my grand father was to afraid to go across the water.

All those memories in a jeep I inherited to go do it again and this time I am driving. :D

Welcome to the insane asylum!

My first "Jeep experience" was me driving into a mudhole only to discover I had no 4WD!

I spent four hours in the hot sun that day. Three (2 ton) come-a-longs, my High lift, a boat anchor & some straps too. Thankfully I kept those items when I sold my Ramcharger a few years earlier!

Of course these had to be brought to me, because I didn't think I was in a 2WD jeep that day.

I ordered the Posi-lok cable the next day.

I just got ours for my daughter. She is 16 and has a lerner"s permit. Somebody going the other way waved at her and she asked why. I said it"s a Jeep thing, get used to it.

Back