Fathers Day Early

Jeepergeo

I got home from work early the other day and ran into my son who is on summer break and workimg part time. I asked what he had done all day and he said he'd worked on the Jeep all day. I figured he meant his Jeep. Anyway, I asked what he had worked on and his answer was a bit evasive and not very specific. Hmmmm....that was unusual. I beat around the bush a bit and then asked again, and he was evasive, but said he'd show me. So I said sure, let's take a look, with me being genuinely interested in seeing what he had done (he's a pretty creative tinkerer and a very good mechanic) to his Jeep.

So he leads me to the garage where there are boxes about the space on the floor next to my Jeep. And on the front of my Jeep is a new front bumper AND a winch! I was nearly speechless. He was installing these items as an early Father's Day gift so it would be ready in time for the trail ride in two weeks.

I'm still a bit shell shocked, and likewise very proud to have my son installing this wonderful equipment on my Jeep. And as I have said for years, being a Dad is the best thing in the world.

Back