Extended brake lines

Jesse

So I'm looking into getting some extended brake lines, but then realized how many different brands there were..How do you choose one over the other? Any brands people would recommend?

Steel braided line only. Rubber expands when in high pressure and makes the brakes work less. This multiplys over the length of the line. Steel braided lines do not meaning even tho they are longer they work better.
I think mine are from rough country. Not sure tho.

That second one is great. Wish I found those before I got mine.
Mine were 79.99 +tax. Just fronts. I moved the connection of the rear line at the frame forward and uncliped it from the little clip it it was in to give the existing line more play.

I have the crown smoke one on my xj I love them plus they look really nice and really easy to do

I also have the crown ones, and they have worked great. Actually, a front one sustained damage from the tire (hose came loose and made contact with the thread of my MT's) and survived to get me home (of course, all the rubber coating was gone, but the steel part survived).

I recomend also SS ones, but make sure they are covered in something (plastic, ruber, whatever), because otherwise dirt will be trapped in the dirt and act like a saw...

Felipe

I prefer rubber lines, they are dirt cheap. I forget the year, but F150 fron lines are a direct swap on TJ's and are a couple inches longer, total investment is about $20.

I have and do run braided lines, but my application is probably like no one else on here so it is a null point, and the only reason I run them is because they were free.
But if you consider the cost versus benefit, there is none. both will stop the vehicle adequately, if rubber lines swelling was such an issue, why would the DOT allow them and every factory manufacturers still use them? your driving a jeep off road at a blistering 4 mph... not a ferrari at 150 mph.

stock Hydroboost??? on a YJ. iff not, I would be interested in more info on this.

I run a E350 master, 5.9lt ZJ prop valve and a single line to the front and a single line to the rear, both split on the axle and go to the respected cylinder.

stock Hydroboost??? on a YJ. iff not, I would be interested in more info on this.

Not stock; I got mine from an Astro Van. I use the stock proportioning valve, as it splits into 3 (front left, front right and rear).

I still want to install a cooler for the PS fluid, as if I give it a good workout, the pump starts whining, and I think it's from the fluid getting too hot.

Here's a shot of the setup (it was not finished when I took the picture; I'll see if I remember to take a new one tonight so that you can see it):

DSC_0047-1.jpg

Felipe

I have the Rough Country extended (braided stainless) brake line kit on my TJ. The reason I chose them is because when I was having my SYE/tummy tuck done I talked to the owner of the shop who was doing the work and said "We better throw some longer brake lines on their while we're at it." and the R.C. kit was what he had in the shop. I don't remember what he charged me for it but I have no complaints about the performance/quality of the kit.

I received my order of brake lines yesterday.

Back