dumb question but Im new....

Also measure the distance to the arm that connects the garage opener chain to the garage door.
It can hang lower than the door opening or the opener. I know this. :shades:
When I lifted my old Sport Trac, I eyeballed it when I got home, it looked okay, but I had the wife watch while I pulled it in just to be safe because Sport Tracs have roof rails. It didn't hit anything but when I got out to look and saw the space between the arm and the truck's roof I said "Damn, that was close, wasn't it?" :lol:

JohnnyO-

That’s a good point. I had a high ceiling garage once where I had to be carful when I opened the hood to my CJ5 or it would hit the arm that hang downs and connects the opener to the chain; needed to move the jeep forwards or backwards to miss it. FYI there is a door opener made that sits above the door spring at the header if anyone has the need. Of course they are not cheap like the standard ones.

I was just thinking "Garage - Jeep. These are two words that don't go together." The only way my 91 YJ gets the garage is if my wife is at work and it's snowing outside when I want to put new shocks on it. Even then, I have to be done by the time she gets home. Makes projects not drag out for weeks.

:yeah-that: thats soooo true, leave the jk on the lot. i will not wave to u.

Back