Ditching the Carter for what?

Nicarus

I having problems with my engine, she won't stay running. I took the carb apart and cleaned it, like several other postings have suggested, but now i'm just getting frustrated with it. :x Should I clean it again or look for another problem. I know this for sure, I'm getting spark, and fuel to the fuel filter and into the carb. It starts, and will run for about 60-90 sec before shutting off. Any ideas, or could I just replace the carb and if so with what? I'm not sure what else to describe so if you have a question I'll try and answer it.

Nicarus

Motorcraft 2150 joined up to your manifold with a Mr Gasket 1937 addapter plate and you are good to go. Just do a jeepz search ^ up there or over < there and you will find more info on the 2150 swap than you can believe. Cheaper and in my oppion a better carb for the jeep than the webber and you can get it local in an Auto Parts store near you. Good luck and Welcome to jeepz. tug

Thanks Tug for the info, I will definitely be looking to do a change. For now I got it running again, I cleaned the venturi cluster and the tubes a little better, and disconnected the choke assembly. She is idling lower now, thanks to the cleaning and starts right up every time. It was about a 15 min. job to clean the tubes. Next comes drilling them. This is a work vehicle so I had to get her running. Thanks for all the info on this site.

Nicarus

[/img]

gear swap

Toss that carb and get the mopar multi-port fuel injection kit to replace it! You won't have any problems after that!

Back