dash disassembly

huskerdoc12

I have a 2004 wrangler. does anyone have dash disassembly instructions so I can change my stereo? I also need to get to the subwoofer in the console.

huskerdoc12

if its like the 2003, pop off the defrost vent thingy on top..just pulls off.

two screws there. and if ya got an ash tray i think they got one behind it. if not just pull it off that whole center part its held in with clip things.

Last edited:
It's pretty simple, I just replaced my stereo and sub a few weeks ago.

The stereo, yeah just pull off the cover nearest the windshield where the defrost vent is. I just pryed my fingers under where the vin number is and pulled up. When that is off you will see two screws that hold the cover on. Once those screws are off it pulls straight out.

For the center console, take out the rubber bottom in the rear cupholder. There are two screws there. Remove the front cupholder by just pulling it up and under there is one screw. I can't remember if you have to loosen the front part of the center console around the shifters or not. I did but don't remember if it was required. If so, on my manual transmission shifter, there is a screw under the shift boot that will need to be loosened or removed. Just pry back the base of the boot on the passenger side and you'll see it down there.

The sub comes out easy, there are two clips on the bottom that have to be pryed off and I think 3 screws that are under the lid inside the compartment.

It's easy. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be glad to help.

Back