cj5 brakes

stitch

when i push the pedal, there isnt much compression. foot goes almost straight to the floor. should i bleed the brakes? also, where is the brake fluid cylinder in a 75 cj5 with a 304 v8?

also, im looking to put wider axles on, it is currently sitting really high and narrow. im currently running 35x12.50 M/T's. what's something cheap but good?

image-missing.png
[addsig]

bleeding the brakes should be your first step.[addsig]

The master cylinder is on the drivers side firewall just above the steering shaft.

As for axles you probably have a 44 in the rear and a 30 up front. GOOD axles. So make sure you replace them w/ at least as good. Why not try a 10 inch wheel. That should give you about another 3-4" of track width?[addsig]

I'll try bleeding the brakes (sadly it's raining right now). Would a 10" wheel make it sit a little more stout?

Stupid questions, but just put the brake fluid into the master cylinder? I'm not a very auto mechanic kinda guy.

Thanks,

Kunal

Although I am learning everyday![addsig]

i had that soft break problem and bled mine they worked great for about one day, and then i figured out my master cyl was pissin out brake fluid alllllll over EVERYTHING!!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back