CJ OIL PAN SKIDPLATE?

jeepin916

does anyone know if all CJ7's came with an oil pan with a skid plate on it? i was takin apart my 4.2 today for the crank for my 4.7 build and noticed that my oil pan has a skid plate on it and wasnt sure if that is stock or if someone put that there.. also do the pistons normaly have STD stamped on it?
the engine doesnt look like it was rebuilt but there are some parts that dont look like they would come stock.... like the pistons

Aux. Cooling Fan Not working?

I'm going to guess that the std stamped onto the pistons means they are all standard bore not oversized. I pulled apart a SBC last year and some of the pistons had sevens on them and were oversized a little, apparently sometimes the factory bore jobs aren't exact. Also my 89 has a skidplate on it. Evan

Chances are pretty good that it is from the factory with so many reporting in yes. tug

hmmmm that sounds good too bad i dont need it.... unless it fits on a new 4.0 engine. does anyone know if it will fit?

Had a skidplate.......yes, factory.

There's a possibility that they still use the same oilpan as they are pretty much the same motors with head and interior changes.

I have a '79 CJ-7 and no skid plate. Possibly something added on the 80's models??

My 75 CJ-5 has it and the engine I'm dropping in (from an 80 something Scrambler has it too). I thought it was something the previous owner rigged up til I saw it on the Scrambler engine.

Yep, factory, and they can be ripped off! It's not pretty when it happens. Someone did something really wrong way back when, when I saw one ripped off!

heater upgrade

Dog-gone-it! that means as a TJ owner I got ripped off!

I am writting my congressman!

Back