Chrome or no chrome?

Chrome or chipped up stock paint?

• Chrome grill

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No chrome grill

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

I'm not a fan of chrome on a jeep, but like someone said, whatever makes you happy.
I bought the black headlight bezels from Quadratec, they're cheap and they look great.

I finally got around to blacking out the chrome trim rings. I didn't spray them with black paint, but instead used some duplicolor shadow paint for chrome that is supposed to make the chrome a couple of shades darker. The duplicolor shadow paint was horrible to use, but after redoing it I finally got decent results.

Attachments

• IMG_0236-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    IMG_0236-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0237-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    IMG_0237-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0238-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    IMG_0238-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0239-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    IMG_0239-black-out-wrangler-trim.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 36

I recently pulled the chrome grill overlay and bezels off mine to put the black trim rings and billet grille inserts. Do you think it looks better black out or with the chrome it had?

Attachments

• Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • Picture 129.jpg
    Picture 129.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 42
I think the black with the daylighter covers looks better, but I'm not sure that would be the case if you left the old KC covers on your lights - the yellow adds some needed contrast.

I think your right I like the yellow covers a little better. Red isn't bad but, yellow stands out.

Attachments

• Picture 166.jpg
    Picture 166.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • Picture 167.jpg
    Picture 167.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • Picture 162.jpg
    Picture 162.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38

I like the black/red covers better, but I like the murdered out look. My light covers are black with white Hella written on them. I used to have the white ones, then I found the black ones and had to have them. I'd show you but the jeep is in the shop. Lol

Vote Red/Black also. An accent color is a nice add. I see the dif cover in Red. Adding red to a few more area's shocks, coils Etc blings up an other wise dull all black under carriage.

Back