Center Console Speaker

hoytman62

Being new of owning my first Jeep TJ (2006), I have the center console out and see that you can put a speaker in it but I don't see any speaker wires to hook onto it. Has anyone ever put a speaker in and how do you wire it up? Maybe a video somewhere on it? Thanks for any help!

That's where the stock subwoofer is located (if you have a wrangler with the premium sound package). You can put one in there (and many people do), but you'll still have to mount an amp somewhere.

If you're looking for a place to mount an amp (and have one that will fit) I'd recommend the Skinny Pedal amp bracket:
TJ/LJ Amp Mount

The factory sound system came with a preamp for the sub. Should have been clearly visible when you removed the console if it were there. If you have the entire center console out and you see nothing, it may be tucked under the dash. If you are looking to add an aftermarket amp and sub, I recommend the Rockford Fosgate Punch series. Measuring approx 1x4x6, and requiring low airflow, you can put it anywhere! My rf monoblock is mounted to my driver's side and is nearly undetectable. I'll get a pic for you. Many shallow mount subs will fit okay, but a modification to the console to remove the extra storage will allow a larger shallow mount sub.

You can see the brake pedal to the right in the pic. Never know it was there without craning your head up the dash

Attachments

• image-540113728.jpg
    image-540113728.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 1,013
I have a 2001 TJ and have factory sub out right now, amp is built in to unit, but it does take up a lot of storage space in console. The plug is a 6 wire plug. I'll post pics if you would like to see it?
P1070101.JPGP1070096.JPGP1070105.JPG

Last edited:
Back