Body mount nuts stripped out.

mudbug

Re: Gotta love the Bible belt....

Has anybody had problems with the body mount nuts stripping out when you are trying to take the bolts out. :twisted:

RE: Re: RE: 4Low question...

Have you tried the search yet (up at the top of the page)? There was a good thread about body bolts a while back (somebody rebuilding a Jeep with their son). Lots of good advice there...................that's about all the help I can be.

Ready to buy

Ya, there was someone else here that had that problem. I'll try looking for it later, or maybe he'll chime in here.

Hello, you have your work cut out for you! I'm the guy that is rebuilding the 87YJ with his son. There is a square lock plate sealed between the underside of the body and the floor of the jeep. There located in reinforcing "channels" and can be accessed by cutting a "t" directly above the bolt, then peel the metal back enough to grind the tabs welded on the lock plate to hold it in place. Just need a nut and washer for install. Then we pushed the metal back in place and used a hardening putty from por 15 to seel it back up. The 2 back mounts spun the plates for us as well and for those we had to cut from underneath the jeep, just cut 2 corners of where you can see were the bolt goes up through. Hope this helps!

Back