BEWARE! Fram oil filter

cj5springbranch

Normally I run a Wix on my cj5 but I could'nt get one so I used a fram and my oil pressure dropped 12 psi,the next day I switched back to a Wix and my oil pressure was back to normal. [addsig]

hmm i'm running a FRAM on my 4.0 I6 and its fine... maybe you just didn't tighten it enough.[addsig]

I've heard similar things about FRAM filters on the 4.2. I am running a FRAM right now and haven't noticed any problems, but I do plan on switching brands at my next oil change just to be safe.[addsig]

Not that I'm sayin it's the same situation, but back in the 70's my dad put a Fram filter on his ford pick-up and damaged the engine. The Ford dealership he bought the truck from said it was because to much restriction in oil flow from the filter. If I recall correctly, Fram ended up paying some of the repair cost.[addsig]

Fram filters though very popular are built very poorly. I avoid them like the plague. Wix are good filters as well are Napa gold and any filter made by Champion Labs which include Luber Finer and the Mobil 1 filters there are a few others made by Champion that I cant remember right now[addsig]

yeah, i'm a NAPA gold person myself, but the FRAM was so cheap!
image-missing.png
it was like 4 bucks or something at pepboys...[addsig]

Back