besttop tire carrier

288sunny

just curious if anyone is runnin this spare tire carrier, pro's / con's, pics would be awesome.. is there something better, but for around the same price??? thanks in advance i just got 35's so i need a carrier :)

I was considering one of these until I saw in some forums some pics of them cracked and borken at the welds. Decided to keep the stock spare carrier even with the 33" MT on the back (andjusted the bumpstops, and have not had any problems yet; some friends have run them for 4 or 5 years like this without issues).

I have not found them post, but i would like to before i make my choice, i wish i could have stuck with the stock mount but i just got 35's, need more support and really dont want to sell my bumper to start over again~

I dont remember the site, but I do remember the pics. I understand that they have changed the design, though, so it may be fixed...

I have the Smittybuilt swing away tire carrier, and have had no issues with a 35" tire hanging on it. Definately well built and swings smoothly. I don't know how it compares to the BestTop price wise though...

Back