bds or rough country?

1993 Jeep Cherokee

First of all, there is nothing you will get with a RC lift that you won't get with a BDS lift. As for a SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator - and not a stupid question at all), you won't need one with either kit. If you added another inch via shackles or an extra leaf in the spring packs you might, but the transfer case lowering kit will take care of the driveline angle just fine.

The kits have pretty much the same components, the only significant difference is the leaf springs.

I read that no lift spring would ride as well as stock springs because of the additional arch. That turned out to be false as my BDS kit was a big improvement over the stock springs - but you have to give them (and any new springs) a little time to break in.

I will say my friend's Rubicon Express kit rides very well also. They make a 4" lift that is priced in between the RC and the BDS, but it comes with more stuff (extended brake lines and swaybar disconnects. That would be thier standard duty kit. A good deal on them would be found here:
http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=148

Bottom line is if you are on a budget, the RC kit will adequately lift your rig. If you want a better quality spring then go with Rubicon Express, BDS, Skyjacker, or one of the couple other higher end kits.

Again I loved my BDS lift, it flexed great, rode great, and took the beating that I was not afraid to give it due to the lifetime warranty.

Updated offroad glossary

diverdr said:
thanks currupt, he quoted me $750 incl shipping(nice guy, prompt call back), so my local guy's $675 cash deal sounds pretty good. Still wondering if that rough country kit's cost will go above the $440 incl shipping and will end up costing more in the end then the $440??

Holy Moly, I paid $350. (w/o shocks) 4 years ago. BDS, at the time, was the best price around AND the lifetime guarentee. Yours is for a YJ right? Complete means what? I think I just got springs and u-bolts. Used my own HD M.O.R.E. shackles and Doestsch Shocks http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/

Back