bds or rough country?

diverdr

RE: LJF offline next week or so

Hello again, thanks to those who helped with the info on getting my broken body mount bolts out. Had to cut into the square channel to get the back ones out(not as bad as I thought) and longer soaks with pbblaster and working the bolt a little instead of just torqueing it got the rest of with no breaks!! ye-ha Having a hard time deciding on $440 to my door for 4" rough country lift(w/shocks, and pitman arm) or the BDS 4" for $675 cash deal from a local distributer.(also complete) Any input would be great in helping me decide. Also need to select brand/supplier for a 1" body lift that includes the bottom bushing. Thanks in advance!

check out hell creek at www.hellcreeksuspensions.com - Tom uses his own springs w/the roughcountry components and includes the shocks and pitman arm - i've had min in for about 5 months now, they warranty the springs very well and have GREAT customer service - i'm sold and dont recommend much but I have to say I am impressed! think its 425+freight... check it out...

If you are going to keep it for a while, I'd go with BDS - lifetime warranty on the springs and I will vouch for the ride quality ;)

I've never ridden in a rig with a BDS lift but I've seen a few Rough Country set-ups and found the ride to be just what the name suggests. I'd suggest riding to a local wheeling spot and checking the different suspensions out as lifts (like every other jeep thing) are a matter of personal preference. I ride on 4" Skyjacker Softrides and have been told by passengers that they can't believe they're riding in a Jeep. Everyone has thier own opinions and this one is mine.

RE: Re: I

The BDS 3-1/2" (YJ) will net you 4" to 4-1/2" and the rides not bad (way better than stock). A lot of people have used Bob Supplee in Moore OK. I think it's called Supplee Enterprises, however, Bob's a real nice guy and a wheeler. His prices usually are the cheapest around. Sorry, I could find his phone number. I don't think he uses a web site but he'll answer any questions you have on the phone. Good place to check out. I've bought 2 lifts from him.

RE: Quality Info

I have a BDS lift and I love it...rides smoother than the stock setup......

I wouldn't buy rough country or procomp, both sag out pretty fast. I know people w/bds and they seem to hold up even after a few years. Just remember the softer the ride, the lower the spring rate and that almost always means they will sag. especially if your running a hardtop or a winch and heavy bumbers.

RE: removing rear track bar help

Wow, there is no clear cut choice. The BDS supplier stated that I would not be getting as complete of a kit with the rough country kit. Can anyone confirm this? If I have to spend more than the $440 for the rough country and not for the $675 BDS then the $235 savings could dwindle quickly. But if this info is not accurate and the kit does have everything the bds does then I'll get the cheaper lift, take the $235 and get a Daystar 1" urathane body lift and a stainless steel diff cover with enough leftover to cover a case of beer to assist in installation!!

Bobs Suplee 14057998977 all his prices include shipping and are very reasonable even with the shipping added in

thanks currupt, he quoted me $750 incl shipping(nice guy, prompt call back), so my local guy's $675 cash deal sounds pretty good. Still wondering if that rough country kit's cost will go above the $440 incl shipping and will end up costing more in the end then the $440??

RE: Re: RE: "Status", post counts, and problems th

well plan on an sye and cv shaft soon after this because youll be getting great driveline vibes. i personally would go with bds because ive seen them flex and they work like coils after theyre borken in but if you dont have the money for the bds and sye id probably go with the rough country and sye, they have good combinations out now that dont run tooo much. good luck

Will you need an SYE with a 4"? My buddy has a transfer case drop on his 91 YJ and doesn't have any driveline problems. I think I'd go the extra money and get the BDS.....especially since it'll be used more on the road than off. My .02 8)

slip yoke eliminator, it gets rid of the slip yoke on the transfer case and replaces it with a fixed one, this means you also need a new double cardon, or cv, driveshaft. it allows for a longer driveshaft which gives you a better driveline angle

Slip Yoke Eliminater... gets rid of the slip-yoke on the back of the T-case. Then the driveshaft is replaced with a double cardon (?) shaft. All this allows a longer driveshaft which reduces the angles and eliminates vibes.

Nathan

well i just put a 4 inch lift on a yj with a tcase drop and axle shims and his joints let loose on the way home

Back