Anyone know of some cheap shocks?

CJDan

I am lacking money due to not having a job because i am young and very busy with sports, basically I have to buy stuff as cheap as possible. I dont care what kind they are, they just need to be cheap so if anyone has a special website that they found that has cheap shocks or maybe something on sale that would be great if you could post here,

I have some rancho's on mine and they were pretty cheap. I've had them a little under a year so far no problems.

You get what you pay for!

not neccessarily true.. a common practice of businesses is to increase the price of their product to play on peoples assumptions that they get what they pay for, so they believe that a higher priced product is better

not neccessarily true.. a common practice of businesses is to increase the price of their product to play on peoples assumptions that they get what they pay for, so they believe that a higher priced product is better
NAPA's house brand shocks are really Monroe Sensa Tracs for half the price, about $25 each. That's what I got, perfectly happy with them. Also if you belong to AAA you will get a 7% discount at NAPA if you show them your card.

I got the NAPA brand steering stabilizer for cheap too.

i go with autozone or orielly's monroe shocks also. they are great shocks and very inexpensive.

I have to disagree, you can spend very little on shocks, and they will work. But when you spend more you get much better internal components as well as a better ride, I run bilstein 5100s and find the ride is better with 5 inches of lift than stock. The biggest benefit is that they Rae valved for my jeep and not just something close, so again I think saving up and getting better shocks is worth it. You get better ride, correct length of travel, and a longer service life. Just my opinion!

bilsteins are not in the same class as rancho though. you are talking top of the line racing shocks. rancho are like basic shocks and so are monroe, more like factory shocks then aftermarket shocks.

i run skyjacker nitros and theyre kinda stiff. they were only 40 bucks each though and are better than what i had. hopefully theyll break in softer.

I have to replace them on my Jeep too. I was going to go with Zone Nitro shocks as they are made for your vehicle as well as not to bad of a price (40 buck a shock). They are 10 stage valved as well as 150 psi nitro with a 5/8" rod shaft.

Back