87 wagoneer. need a transmission

superspud87

i cant seem to find a transmission for my jeep. the original transmission suddenly lost its reverse, one of my buddies looked at it and he said it was the synchronizer. i also have difficulty shifting certain gears(2nd to 3rd, 4th to 5th). all of this has led me to believe that the transmission is shot. but i cant find a new one online for under 500. granted i cant even afford that much, but even used transmissions with 212k are 500. does anyone know where to look for a cheap used one or have an extra one? its the peugeot ba 10/5 21 spline output

Do the AX-15 swap with a tcase and be done with it! I found 3 for $150 the pair local to Seattle (I have one going into my Honcho with an NP208 tcase)

Do the AX-15 swap with a tcase and be done with it! I found 3 for $150 the pair local to Seattle (I have one going into my Honcho with an NP208 tcase)

how much would it cost for the conversion kit overall? and because im getting a new t case wouldnt i have to adjust my gear ratios too?

what spline output would i need? transmissions and t-cases are a little out of my expertise

how much would it cost for the conversion kit overall? and because im getting a new t case wouldnt i have to adjust my gear ratios too?

AX-15 and BA 10/5 are almost the same ratios but O/D is different. The tcase has the same low gear range.
The 1" adapter ring is @$100 from PartsMike® Online The driveshafts will need modifying because the NP208 is fixed yoke (and stronger than a NP231 with slip yoke eliminator)

fixing to do a transmission swap myself... i have a 87 jeep wagoneer 4x4 with 4.0 inline 6 auto transmission... my transmission is messing up. im having to manually shift it from low to high gear because if i try to take off in drive it tries to take off in high gear like second or third but i found a transmission out of another 87 wagoneer that was wrecked. im gonna swap them out monday or tuesday.

Back