4.0 Harmonic balancer

J:UN

Friends Lift and Tires

on a 4.2? I read some were i'll have to get this balancer if I go to the MPI upgrade but I just need a new balancer for now. I should be able to put it on without the MPI stuff for awhile right?

well... i'm not sure in the differences in the block design.. but i know that a 4.2 crank has a longer nub on the end of it where the balancer goes... for the stroker, i know this nub has to be cut off, or compensated for... there MIGHT be some mods that need to be done before just putting the 4.0 balancer on.. but the block might be thicker there, or there may be another accessory there to compensate on the 4.2 block

hmm yeah I think the oil slinger needs to come off for it to fit. It's odd I'm having a hard time finding info on this one...even on the mpi mod writeups!?

Difference in the balancers is the new one for the MPI kit has many "keys" (for lack of brain cells now) cut into it for the magnetic crank sensor cut into it. The stock one won't have the "keys" I don't for sure why you wouldn't be able to use the new one.
I have pictures from my MPI install, showing both new and old balancers, but no way to post them.
email or PM me if interested.

Back