30.5 tires on a TJ

CommerceSooner

I've got a 99 TJ Sport that the stock Goodyear P225/75 R15's are running bare on. The wife didn't want me to get new tires until these were worn out. Well, thanks to a little help from me...hehehe... :twisted: The tires are already bare. Go figure... Anyway, I'm wanting to go bigger without an extinsion. What are you guys' suggestions My wheels are the canyon 5 spoke wheels. Can I run 30.5 goodyear or BFG's without a lift. Something like these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...h=true&partnum=095R5WRGSAOWL&fromCompare1=yes

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the board.......I hope we can help you with all of your Jeep questions, and I hope that you will be able to help us with any experiances you have had.

Yes..the 30 " will fit fine (in fact, they are not all that much bigger than what your running now)...My Sahara came with the 30 " tires from the factory, no lift will be needed.
I know some guys run 31's on thier stock TJ's but I'm not sure if they would rub if you do any off roading.

Rob 8) :p :)

sure you can run 31's. I run 31x10.50s on mine with the grizzly wheels. I get a little rub when discoed and at max flex with the tires at lock one way or the other. I am planning on a couple washers behind the steering stops to cure that.

You can run 31's if you stay with a 10.50 but if you start getting wider tires than that you will start to rub on your fenders...:)

you can get either 30 or 31... if you go offroad much, and flex your suspension a lot... you might want the 30s... but if you don't plan on flexing much, you can go 31

Ive got a 97 tj with 31x10.5 bfg mud terrains and no rubbing whatsoever. I disconected the front swaybar and flexed it out and the tires tucked right under with no rub. I just got 33s and a 4" lift, but have not put it on. Cant wait to get it done.

Back