2001 jeep wrnagler problem>>need help

wheelin_cj8

I have a 2001 jeep wrangler. I was driving it one day and it just died on me without any warning, tried to start it back up and it would turn over but not start up, waited about 10 minutes and it fired right up.. (it done this to me on several different occations.)... So i dropped the tank and changed out the fuel pump. Problem still exist. Changed out the coil pack, problem still exist. I do not think it is a fuel problem because it dont cut out, it just shut down. Sometimes you can drive for an hour before it dies, sometimes 5 minutes.. Any help greatly appreiciated..

This is just an idea, but it may be a plugged converter. I had an 01 Grand Am act the same way, and it was a plugged converter.

Check for loose connections on the battery, PDC and grounds. You can also do a "Wiggle test" for intermittent electrical issues. With the engine at idle, carefully wiggle the wiring harness in the engine compartment and see if you can duplicate the concern. Try not to pull the harness too far off from where they are normally situated as this may give you a false diagnostics. Also check the 02 sensor wires for rub through and contact to the exaust pipe.

Back