1997 Cherokee Sport problems

CHIFFG

I just picked up a 1997 Cherokee Sport 4.0 automatic 4wd. Since I've bought it it has been back to the dealer because my oil pressure and fuel gauge stop working and my TPS (throttle posistioning sensor) went bad they fixed it and about a week later my 4wd started acting up. When I engauge 4wd high or low it whines really loud and when I disengauge it it takes about a 1/4 mile from when i shift back to 2wd to when it actually disengauge's but it disengauges loud to best desribe is in the words of my friend "Holy sh*t it sounds like you just hit a stump" Also while in 4wd you can't keep it straight it pulls to the right really hard, and linked probably to the same problem. when in 2wd while accellerating and turning right or left and sometimes jsut straight the front end makes a clicking sound. I had it back to the dealer to fix that and my power windows that stopped working. they fixed the windows but said they couldn't find anything else wrong. now last night my oil pressure gauge stopped working again and my power steering is statring to make some loud gasping and weezing sounds, but the fluid level is fine. I've already determined that I bought a piece of junk. I would expect this from a fly buy night dealer but not the new car complex I bought this from especially since my gf bought her car from the same guy as did my dad buy an suv and pick up and my mom got her car and my brother got his truck there and his old car. all within the last 3 years. Any way can anyone tell me what is wrong with my Jeep especially my 4wd[addsig]

wow dude that is screwed up!... that's like turning on a light switch and your toilet flushes!!! crazy...

it sounds like you're getting lame tech's at the dealer... i'm no expert in the 4wd systems, but i do know that there are vacuum lines that you'll need to check...[addsig]

I took it over to jeep yesterday. My oil pressure sending unit is bad, my transfer case is shot, they said it's cheaper to buy a new one than to try and fix this one. thats how much damage is in there and my front seal ont the tcase is leaking along with my front axle seals. But Classic Auto Group of Turnersville,NJ said "we can't find anything wrong with it" Jeep said they could understand about not knowing the transfer case is damaged because the guys at classic aren't jeep techs, but the leaks were so painfully obvious you'd have to be blind not to see them. They also said to get my rear gear oil and transmission fluid changed ASAP because it's burnt to a crisp. I have to do that myself because warranties don't cover fluids. Well I guess thats why they say don't play leap frog with a unicorn.[addsig]

im sorry man, that sucks. you gonna sell it then? stick with jeep they really are good, most of the time[addsig]

I know Jeeps are great my brother has a Wrangler, and my dad a Cherokee and a lot of my friends have Jeeps. Unfortuneitly I still have to pay mine off before I can sell it, but now that everything is going to be fixed I 'll probably just keep it[addsig]

I PAID $8100 KELLY BLUE BOOK SAYS RETAIL IS $12,500 THEY WANTED $10,400 BUT LIKE I SAID WE BUY EVERYTHING FROM 1 GUY SO HE DROPPED THE PRICE. I THINK HE ACTUALLY FEELS BAD ABOUT SELLING IT TO ME. HE IS STAYING ON TOP OF IT MAKING SURE EVERYTHING GETS FIXED. AND HE HAS APPOLIGIZED SEVERAL TIMES ABOUT ALL THE PROBLEMS.[addsig]

Back