1983 J10, 360 engine, automatic...

RED-85-Z51

Found one near me, totally unfamiliar with Jeeps in general, Im a Mopar truck guy, and a Corvette guy...but this little truck looks really cool, and the price is right.

He says it has the 360, autmatic, 4WD, complete and intact, was recently (within the past few weeks) a daily driver but it stopped charging, needs an alternator. No rust except for on the drivers side rear quarter of the bed, and not that bad at all.

Looks clean, no dents, no body problems, not modified in any way.

He says it gets like 13mpg...is this normal, can it get 15?

What is the truck capable of, as in towing, good ride to it, or rough and stiff?

I know the AMC 360 was kind of anemic, under 175hp as I recall, would a set of flowmasters and some headers help it with efficiency? Im sure it has some restrictive cast manifolds stock.

Anyways, thanks for any help, really want to drop the hammer and get this truck.

Here's both my Opinion and experience with my 360 AMC.. Anemic it's not. i still have the non emission factory exaust manifolds and recently replaced the Exaust mufflers with an OEM replacement(more quiet the better for me) since i use it on the Ranch..I've dropped in an Edelbrock performer Cam, Lifters,Springs, Keepers and Carburator..I also upgraded the Distributor to an HEI and got rid of the electronic ignition module... hp? dunno..i can tell you that i pull my 22 foot custom trailer loaded with a welder,Plasma cutter, Oxygen/acetylene tanks, Generator, Saw Table and several Steel stocks on the rack with no problem.. I've towed a 1 ton dodge diesel with it too without any problem.. Fuel efficient it's not..i'll get 8 to 9 miles to a gallon maybe 10 if i squint while im driving, but that's mostly due to my axle gearing.. I would jump on a deal on a J10 anyday if my wife don't shoot me first after she finds out..

So do you think 15mog is reasonable on a stock geared, stock J10?

Think $1,000 is resonable on a bone stock, untouched truck?

So do you think 15mog is reasonable on a stock geared, stock J10?

Think $1,000 is resonable on a bone stock, untouched truck?
I would say that $1000 for a bone stock J10 is great, however, i'm not the one looking at the truck and making the judgement call..

Well, what I know about it is this man bought it from who we beleive was the original owner, that man bought it, used it a while and decided to use it to go hunting in, pull a boat every now and then, etc...

The present owener bought it, and has used it as an occasional daily driver, until about 2-4 weeks ago, when it stopped charging. He hasp arked it in his barn, although it still cranks, drives, runs like a top..just doesnt charge. He doesnt know whats wrong with it, or how to fix it, and would just really like to have some cash at this point in time.

Working Power Windows
Working Power Door Locks
NON-Honcho
NON-10-4
NON-Golden Eagle

I THINK it is a Long bed model, but it is the townside for sure. Could be the shortbed..I really cant tell.

Has all original paint on the whole truck, kinda brownish, with the Jeep on the back in a cream color.

Winch on/in the front bumper.

If it were me,I'd jump on it.Course I'm already running a 360 J20.I don't think I even get 10 MPG,but I've got all the power I need for what I do.

Back