My passenger door is stuck!

Engir

I was replacing the door locks on my 87 XJ after installing the lock in the passenger side door I used the key and turned the lock both ways everything seemed fine and closed to door. Now it will not open from the outside or inside, I unhooked the rod to the lock and moved all the rods back and forth and it will not open has anyone had this happen, does anyone know a way to get the door open?

is it just really stuck? like if you pull the rod that releases the latch normally and push hard, it won't pop open?

otherwise, its access the inside and start removing stuff

As I said I tried opening from the inside and outside I removed the rod at the lock thinking it caused the door to jam it and pulled on the rods and it will not open

you are going to have to reach in towards the latch assembly and flip the arm to open the teeth that clamp the bar on the frame side of door jamb.

sometimes the seatbelt gets in between the door and jamb and jams the latch assembly and you have to almost kick the door to get it to open, is why i was wondering how hard you were pushing the door to open it when stuck. i was thinking maybe something got in when you closed the door and you maybe didn't notice it?

you are going to have to reach in towards the latch assembly and flip the arm to open the teeth that clamp the bar on the frame side of door jamb.

sometimes the seatbelt gets in between the door and jamb and jams the latch assembly and you have to almost kick the door to get it to open, is why i was wondering how hard you were pushing the door to open it when stuck. i was thinking maybe something got in when you closed the door and you maybe didn't notice it?
I have gone in throught the drivers door and worked the lock and latch from the inside also went as far as to kick the door from inside and it will not move. I understand what you are saying about 'opening the teeth' but have no idea were this arm is that you speak of?

Back