Help! O2 Sensor wiring ripped out

ckevinjones

RE: 1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2.4L

I was off roading 2 weeks ago. When I returned home I found part of the wiring harness ripped off dangling underneath the YJ. It is to the O2 sensor. The jeep was still running fine for a few days, then it started misfiring running very rough and now will not start at all.

I am assuming that over a few days time the computer has the air fuel mixture wrong and/or timing off and therefore will not start. Do anyone think I am correct?

Now what I need help with is that I can not figure out where in the wiring harness the O2 sensor wires go. There are four wires all of which were ripped in same place, but are nowhere to be found.

I have pulled the plastic wire cover back in both directions, further than the ends of the wires should be, looking for the other end of wires, and have had no luck finding the other end.

Does anybody know in which direction the wires go. Or, where the wires attach? The dealership was no help.

Need to get back on the trails ASAP.

Thank you in advance.

stripped wiring.PNGripped out wiring.PNGwiring harness with plastic held back.PNGWiring harness.PNG

Attachments

• Wiring harness.PNG
    Wiring harness.PNG
    913.9 KB · Views: 3,400

Were you able to figure this out? I looked around online, but couldn't find a diagram to help :(

Check the CKP wiring. Engines will run without. O2 sensors. Not well, but, they will run. Be sure the dangling wires are not shorting to ground (anything). Check into painless wiring for replacement wiring harnesses.

Last edited:
Back