You know your a 4x4 nut when...

Dorivin

You know your a 4X4 nut when...

Your constantly asking your significantly other is there's anything lying around the house that can be sold on eBay to buy the next item on your "Wish List".

Your child's big wheel can articulate.

Your lawn mower has a grill guard, tow hooks, fog lights, and can ramp 800.

You skimp on groceries to save up for that lift, new tires, lockers, etc.

You buy real cheap tires for your car, so you can save $$$ for the BFG's.

Your Christmas list begins with disconnects and ARB... (and your significant other knows what these are).

More than one 4WD supply house recognizes your voice and greets you by name when you call.

You get upset when people don't return the "Club Wave".

Your friends don't recognize you without muddy clothes and a tow strap in your hand.

You get offended when people call a Geo Tracker a Jeep.

You get offended when people call your 4X4"cute".

Crawling around in the muck wrenching on your own 4X4 is much more appealing than reclining on the sofa, watching women's volleyball on TV with a beer in your hand.

People know you by your "brokes"----"Oh, you're the one who broke a driveshaft last weekend!"

You've ever tried to convince your significant other you needed that winch to do work around the house.

You have enough spare parts to build another 4X4 .

When you see a 4X4 that's never been off-road and you think of animals at the zoo.

Your reading material in your bathroom consists of 4X4 catalogs, topographical maps, and 400 4X4 magazines, none of which have centerfolds.

You know that getting from point A to point B involves being winched at least once.

You save broken 4X4 parts as " momento's".

You drive over curbs instead of backing up.

Your idea of a car wash is driving through a mud puddle.

I hate that Geo Tracker is a jeep crap....oh that gets me.

Yea, I don't know how many pictures I've seen of people going "Oh this is my jeep" and its a tracker...I wanna smack them against the head.

The worst, the other day on of my buddies saw a tracker with its top up, he goes "what a rookie jeep doesnt even have his top down" i hadda pull over and explain.

It was sad, today I was at a local off road shop and they had a Geo tracker 4 door getting worked on and when they pulled it out they parked it next to mine and I was like "What the hell, why'd you park that next to me???"

Your xmas and birthday lists are a piece of paper with part numbers and page numbers stapled to the front cover of their respective catalogs.

This is me^.

i have a Midwest 4 wheel drive association t-shirt that says

You might be a 4 wheeling addict if. . .

If Warn, Superlift, or ARB has ever shown up on your X-Mas list.

Duct Tape, Zip Ties, and Silicone can fix anything but grub.

The local parts stoke knows you by name and Credit card #.

If you refer to body damage as Trail Trophies.

If you dont really know if it comes out of 4-low.

Your bumper looks like something NASA would be proud to say they built

lol just adding a few more for the post

You pick a name for your daughter so her initials will be "CJ".. :D

image-missing.png

^^ CJ ^^

Last edited:
i cant complain, my b day is comeing up again. last year my woman got me a set of 33 bfg mud terrains for my yj, this year she just took my catalogs i have and got out her credit card... i tend to circle stuff just for this reason.
oh on an off noat, i'm marrying her 2 days befor cristmas this year i figure she's a keeper after she went and bought a src rockcrawling front bumper last x-mass for me.... lucky me .

0.0 you lucky son of a gun!!!
*shakes a fist*
I've been looking for a woman whose into off roading as much as me, even if she dosen't drive a jeep.

You have enough spare parts to build another 4X4.
With all of the engines, transmissions, & axles, I have I can directly relate to that.

You sell every passenger car you own and replace them all with Jeeps.

Your fleet is nothing but Jeeps...I have an S-10 and 4 Jeeps. No more cars 4 me

You have an endless supply of Never Seize...

You see another Jeep for sale and try to somehow justify buying it...

You try to get all of your freinds to buy Jeeps too...

Ok, speaking of buying jeeps im trying to decide if I should wait another year or 2 to buy a second jeep or should I make this one I have now a daily driver and a toy. I'm only 20 so you got to take that into account. (Sorta off topic I know.)

You buy a jeep because there is a spot in the driveway with no oil stains
LOL! That's friggin hilarious,...so true. The same thing applies to the clean area on the garage floor.
Ok, speaking of buying jeeps im trying to decide if I should wait another year or 2 to buy a second jeep or should I make this one I have now a daily driver and a toy. I'm only 20 so you got to take that into account. (Sorta off topic I know.)
That's up to you. It's nice to have a good backup vehicle. Just remember you'll have to plate, insure, and maintain another vehicle.

Last edited:
So I am officially eating rice for the next 2 weeks because of buying tires, lift, and shocks, and all sorts of good stuff.

oh on an off noat, i'm marrying her 2 days befor cristmas this year i figure she's a keeper after she went and bought a src rockcrawling front bumper last x-mass for me.... lucky me .

All I have to say is you better run down to the court and tie the knot now! Dont let this one get away!

Second...(to the rest of the board) gentelmen we have a little job to do...some one here...on this board...not saying names...(slo-wrench44) is getting jeep parts way too easy...some ones wife needs to call his Fiancé and explain, that he should be struggling like the rest of us to buy jeep parts.

Back