wiring problem

grwd3

Hey, I just got this 2000 jeep wrangler 2.5 and noticed some odd things. When I turn the signals or wipers on they wont work. I have noticed that if I push up or down on the wheel, they will work. My buddy had this prior and said that this has been doing it since he had his steering wheel straitend. Also I noticing possible jerry rigging like when I hit the hazard flasher, the radio comes on......My buddy doesnt know anything about that as he didnt do anything with the jeep. Also sometimes I'll get in, start it up and the radio wont work and the airbag light stays on. I dont know what to do, I took the cover off around the steering housing and didnt see anything out of the ordinary....:???:

Check the electrical connectors on the steering column. Welcome to Jeepz. Let us know if you find anything loose.

The signal and wiper problem sounds like it may be a bad clockspring in the steering column.

Does the airbag light coincide with the gauges not working? If so, it's a bad connection at the harness connector where the instrument cluster plugs into the wiring harness. Disconnecting the connector and bending the pins slightly for a better connection will work.

Back