Where has DINGUS been?

dingus

Hey Everyone -

Wanted to drop by and say Hi - it was a hectic summer for me. The first half was spent driving 1 hour each way to my internship down in Malvern, PA with Mangos, Inc (ad agency). For the second half, I focused on launching my graphic design/website development company:

1. My Company
I registered my fictitious name with Harrisburg ("Covington Creations") and have completed all necessary paperwork. I now have a business checking account, and a company credit card too! Things are official now, and I managed to snag two more clients this summer. A third clients' site is "under construction" now and should be completed mid-September.

My approach was to go door-to-door around Doylestown soliciting business - using a single-page flyer with my business card attached. All said and done, I hand-delivered over 500 flyers!!!

2. Graphic Edge, Inc.
During my door-to-door sales campaign, I left a flyer under the door at a local "marketing design agency". The owner, Debbie, hired me over the phone as a freelance web programmer. I ended up working for her a total of 41.5 hours and finished up five websites she had in-progress. She also introduced me to three of her clients, and included me in several face-to-face meetings with them.

3. Canon Capital Management Group - Technologies Division
This is the company my Dad works for as a field technician - they mainly offer small & medium sized business network consulting services. They now offer website development services to their clients through me. I've met with two of their clients so far, and both will likely convert into sales sometime in the near future.

My website (www.covingtoncreations.com) has been updated several times since July, and all of these projects are listed in the portfolio. Thanks to my internship with Mangos, my site is more effective, focused, and direct.

Now, I'm out at Shippensburg University finishing up my BS in Business Administration (1 more year! EEK!) Sorry for the long post - I just wanted to fill you guys in!

I'm still offering 10% commission for any referrals - please keep me busy!

Yup, still got it... 228,000 miles and she's still running strong! She needed a starter back in July, but that was no biggie...

What is THAT i see in your signature???

That's great, Nate!! Sounds like a lot of hard work, but also sounds like it's paying off well. Keep plugging away at it, and I'll see you in Forbe's 500 in a few years!

What is THAT i see in your signature???
I sold the XJ. IT was a daily driver and when I moved to PA gas prices shot up. I was spending well over $400/month in gas.

I traded it in on a 2006 VW Jetta diesel. I'm getting between 48-52 mpg on the commute depending how I drive it.

Then I bought the toy in my sig, a 91 YJ. Not a daily driver, fuel economy not a factor.

Back