vent

STEW

Can you guys give me any advice on how to stop the rain from coming in through the HOOD (we call it a bonnet over here)
Every time it rains, you get a soaking when you pulll away. The water pours in from behind the dash.
I know that they make a cover type cowell that fits on top of the vent, but surely there is another way to stop it happening. Is it just a bad design fault or what?...I have already blown up 2 radios, coz as you know we get our fair share of rain over here!

ANY IDEAS WELCOME:)

Could be that the drain hose is plugged which you will find under the hood. It's a long, straight plastic tube going straight down coming out of the firewall directly under the cowl.
Could be that your windshield frame seal is bad and needs replacing.
Could be that the seam filler in the area where the horizontal part of the hood meets the vertical part under the windshield frame is cracked (happened to mine). I siliconed mine and it's been fine since.

I will try the drain hose as i haven't looked at that yet, i have already saeled the windshield with silicone....This happens on my bro's CJ limited too so i will check his out whilst i'm at it!

Thanx for the help!

Back