The JK

Dan9

Hey guys, i know this has been discussed many times but i just wanted to say something to some people that might actually care. i went to the auto show yesterday, and needless to say i sat in the jeeps to see what these are al about. i never sat in one before and tried to keep an open mind about them. well, i hate it. 3.8L engine, electronic everything, too big, ugly fenders, curved windshield, angled grile, idk. i always hear jk guys talking about how they come more prepared for off road stock than any other jeep so that makes them the better vehicle. i even talked to a 08 rubi owner and he even admitted the motor sucked. the more i talked to him, the more negatives i kept hearing, but before he left, he did mention he loved it. i guess my point is, yea, maybe they have more features and a few other things but that doesnt make it better. that is like saying a new charger is better than the old ones. yea, the new ones have more advanced technology, but the old car is just sweet, and classic. i guess someone could say that about why tjs suck compared to yjs and cjs, but i guess everyone just has their own opinion, mine being favor towards tjs. the one thing i did like about it was the 3-piece hard top, but that was about it. sorry for the ramble but i hate the direction jeep is going in and needed someone to listen cuz my dad likes them a lot.

EDIT:
oh yea, 2WD OPTION!!!??? i talked to the jeep rep for a while too, and he did make me feel a little better by saying his dealership wont order them, but still. sorry again, dont mean to offend jk owners or anyone ele who likes em:)

Up to a point , i agree with you on this opinionated discussion.. The 3.8 liter has been around for awhile now that actually started as a 3.3 liter on the Chrysler Minivan.. Tried and tested for years and has been very dependable and reliable up to 400,000 miles and still kept going..i really don't know the whole reason why the 4.0 liter was pulled out of the line but they needed something Fresh and New with the new Body.. I think if there was a Jeep line that shouldn't deserve the Jeep Badge, it would be the Compass, Liberty and Patriot..just my opinion. and much more, they even come with a trail rated badge.. The Reason for the JK 2wd option are for those who likes the Jeep style but not the Jeep offroad lifestyle.. I like all the CJ,YJ,TJ,JK,WK,XJ and even the older willys generation..

cool, i was hoping someone with one would say something. haha, what do you think about the engine? have you ever had a different jeep?

They dropped the 4banger :evil::evil::evil:........what more can I say? Talk about gettin' away from your roots!!!:evil::evil::evil: And they all wonder why they're going bankrupt!?!?!?!!

cool, i was hoping someone with one would say something. haha, what do you think about the engine? have you ever had a different jeep?

Well it's not a speed demon :twisted: by any means but I have hit 90 with no problems! I am not a hard core wheeler either but I am happy with what I have seen so far.

I used to drive an old Willy on a farm so it's really not a fair comparison.

P.S. Since it is still under warranty I let the dealer work on it. I might change my mind once I start doing the work myself!

my father drives a jk and he absolutely loves it. he says " it rides like a car" he has had it for about a year and a half and hasn't had any major problems. he has had a cj5 and driven my old yj and said he would take the Jk anyday. he does minimal offroading nothing to extreme. i have driven his jk and my biggest problem with it is that " it rides like a car". and i'll take my yj anyday and it might just because i am used to my jeep.

I hated the YJs when I was driving my CJ. Then I moaned when the TJ's came out because they weren't "real Jeeps". Now as I drive my TJ around town I claim that the JKs have gotten away from their roots!

I agree that the JKs have become more civilized than it's ancestors, but in reality, I think they have to change for Chrysler to keep (or start?) making money. If you put a CJ or YJ on today's dealer lots, there maybe a handful of repeat buyers that would take one, but most people would just walk away. Wranglers have to become more city friendly - my co-worker couldn't believe that my 2005 wrangler still had crank windows!

The upside is that the JK, like all it's predecessors is a great platform to build on. Don't like the way it is now? Just mod the heck out of it.

Well it might be the most comfortable Wrangler yet...but if it makes you feel better it was leaking like a sieve when it rained (took the service department 3 trips to fix that) and if you hit a pothole it will jar your teeth loose! :lol:

hi there. i have 07 and i love it .ialso have many older jeeps. cj5 tux ,cj2a,m38,m38a1,cdn1 2 3 ,7 mb and gpw,and i love because their jeeps.......regards jim.

Lets face it, you dont buy a Jeep, you adopt a Jeep and it becomes part of the family. You will care for it as part of you family and defend it to the hilt if someone dares makes a snide comment about your beloved Jeep.

Models may change with different specs but your love for your Jeep will always remain as the day when you first set eyes on her. I still on every month end try to swing the family budget to buy a little something for my Jeep.

Perhaps Im just a sentimental old man with a passion for something young and Invigorating...........My Jeep.

Lets face it, you dont buy a Jeep, you adopt a Jeep and it becomes part of the family. You will care for it as part of you family and defend it to the hilt if someone dares makes a snide comment about your beloved Jeep.

Models may change with different specs but your love for your Jeep will always remain as the day when you first set eyes on her. I still on every month end try to swing the family budget to buy a little something for my Jeep.

Perhaps Im just a sentimental old man with a passion for something young and Invigorating...........My Jeep.
Amen to that Brudda!!

I have a TJ and have had a YJ; I like the TJ better for the I6 vs the YJ's 4 banger, but the YJ seemed to hold the road better in a crosswind; also like my XJ... when I get to drive it; wife drives the HE!! outta that one; I would not mind finding either a FSJ or a Scout.

Back