Temp Gauge Question

warrior

Hey I just got some new gauges for my 72 CJ5 w/304. The problem is that the temp gauge I have now is an electric one and I want to put in a manual gauge. What I need to know is where to put the sending unit on the motor? I looked and cant seem to find a spot to put it. Can someone give me an idea where this can go? I want to get a good reading so I want to do it right. Please help.
Thanks
Warrior

You'll just have to look around on your intake for a water plug, remove it and screw in your sensor. I have a 258 and there were several. I used one right underneath the carb. It should not be too difficult to find.

My pick-up on my Edelbrock is on the right hand side up toward the front of the intake manifold. If I remember on my 75-304 it was in the same area....pretty close to the water hose.

Hey guys Thanks for the help. I ended up pulling the fitting out of the thermastat housing and putting it in there. It seems to work OK. I could not find any other plugs to pull for the probe, so I hope this will give me a good reading.
Thanks
Warrior

Back