soft top

bogeyville

Can someone tell me if a replacement top using factory bows is better than one where I have to replace everything.

I have a couple spotted but both require taking off factory bows.

Anyway any help would be appreciated.

if youre talking YJ then i think the besttop supertop is the easiest way to go and removes all factory hardware - uses velcro not snaps and is way more user friendly than factory - had one for my old 91 and never had a complaint about it - on or off in less than 2 minutes.... just my $.02

I agree with LV....if it's a YJ, the factory top has too many issues. The snaps break/rip out of the top, and the bows by the side windows in back get weak and keep unlocking. I went with the Besttop Supertop after my stock one ripped off in the wind, and haven't had any problems or complaints with it yet....that's been over 2 years now. Much better top, much faster to put up or take down, fits much better, too.

you'll also find during shopping that the factory soft uppers wont work w/the supertop - full steel is fine but if youre running 1/2 doors you'll need the bestop uppers (curved - not angled) or just run the bestop soft doors (thats what i did)

Sparky-Watts said:
I went with the Besttop Supertop after my stock one ripped off in the wind

lol I remember that

I, too have owned both and the Supertop is the way to go. The factory and replace-a-tops work, but they are more time consuming to set up and don't fit as tight (the roof roars like a sunofagun on the highway.

If you think you ever might want 2 pc soft doors, then buy them with your top. They are much cheaper when sold as a package ;)

Back