Six Speaker Sound Bar

Slappy80

Does anyone have one or at least heard one? Thinking about getting one, but for $240 from Quadratec it seemed too good to be true.[addsig]

I have the 6x9 boxes that go inbetween the rollbar and rear wheel well in my YJ and with a nice set of two ways that I put in the dash and a nice set of three ways that I put in the boxes I get what I think is a great sounding stereo in a jeep.[addsig]

I have a 99TJ with a factory sound bar. When you take the top off the sound sucked so with some slight modification I put some 6X9 pioneers in the bar. The sound is great and the installation was not that bad. If you do not have a sound bar I would buy a cheap one off ebay and put in your own speakers. [addsig]

ive got pages worth of posts on the 6 speaker sound bar but ill give u the run down.

Pros: i really like the ear level position. the spearker quality is pretty good, and i really like the sound. My friend has a standerd sound bar, and the quality isn't the same.

cons: off the bat, it was a royal pain in the butt. first, the brackts screw in to the roll bar from the top, so if u have a hard top in (making sence being it winter and all) u have to take it off. The bolts use lock washers to secure to the roll bar, but the padding on the bars make it so the lock washers dont work all that well. i didn't think it would be secure enough, but it holds pretty well anyway. The sheetmetal screws that come w/ it to fasten it to the brackets are too small, so i had to get bigger ones. after that, it hold on just fine. The wiring harness come w/ only 6" or so of wire, so ull need to splice wire in to wire it to ur headset. Wiring the map lights is a problem which still plagues me. I have done it so i can eithe turn them on by the switch, or wire them to the door switch, but not both. I think ive figured it out, and i just have to get around to trying it out. The wiring harness conecter is loose, but that can be fixed w/ a bit of tape.

I realise as i write this that my cons is far longer then my pros. Dont get me wrong, i really like the sound bar, but for me at least it came w/ a deal of headachs. Would i get one again? im not sure. i think id be happer off if id made my own, which i dont' think would be too hard to do. But i do like it alot (when im not working on it) good luck

Reggie[addsig]

I would rather make my own out of some handy materials lying around the house. That way you can go buy the speakers you want, put them exactly where you want them and have it set-up the way you want as well. You could probably do it cheaper that way too...[addsig]

I guess my real question is... is the aftermarket 6 speaker any better than the stock 2 speaker bar. [addsig]

I got a neoprene covered one off e-bay which holds the 6x9 speakers for $100.00

then got the waterproof blaupunk 6x9s off e-bay for $40 I had mounting problems also which I got two 2 1/2 electrical conduit hangers from lowes for $.69 Now I cant hear myself think. while driving and I cant hear my wife yelling at me for it at home. Definitly worth every penny!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back