shift kit or improvement

addotta

I am Looking for an automatic shift improvement kit for my little project...anyone know where I can find one for the 4.0...All I keep finding are one that are specifically made for Ford, Pontiac and Chevy V8s, But nothing for the Jeep...Bastards....Anyway, I thought that B&M made one...But I can't find it anywhere either.

Hey thanks for all your help.

Took the Jeep on it's first real road trip this weekend...managed to get 395 miles on one tank..that's without the tuneup that I'm doing next weekend...can't wait to see what I get after that.

T :cool: [addsig]

Search engin for JEG's maybe they will have an idea for you to try! Tug[addsig]

I don't know of anything out there, but if it helps any the 4.0L Jeep XJ's use an AW4 transmission which is supposed to be the same transmission as Toyotas A340 so it could be possible that a shift kit for some kind of high performance Toyota with that transmission such as the 85-92 supra might work, but I would definetly check with your local transmissionshop and/or performance shop. Or there is always Trial and Error. And lets not forget how easy a Small block Chevy can be fit into a Jeep if you're really looking for performance.[addsig]

Back