Screw fixin it, I'm gunna cut that sucker off

Jeepster05

I somehow bent my front fender when I was rearended a few weeks ago and instead of fixing it and painting it I'm just gonna cut em flat. I had a post about this a while back and now I think i'm gonna do it. Might cut my Euro guard off too while I'm at it. How can I do this without making my jeep look like crap??? I only get one chance so I'm not looking to butcher my beast so any advice would be appreciated.

Draw out your cut line. Mask off the paint so the saw will not scratch the paint on the keeper side. Cut on the outside of the cut line with a saws all or Jig saw useing a fine metal cutting blade "or should I say several" take your time and not get into a hurry. After you have it rough cut say a 1/16 outside the line take a side grnger and smoth up the are down to the line. Mask of the good paint and touch up with a black omatching color around the edges. That is how ai would go about it. If you screw it up you are not out to much anyway they are already smushed anyway right? tug

Well on the front of one right at the crease where i would cut it's bent and pealing but it's not bad. I could hammer it but I wanted to cut em before the accident anyway so this gives me an excuse.

Whoa, after reading your subject title, I'm glad you're talking about your fenders!

So do you have enough fender to do something like this:

bluetjtubefenders02-4.jpg

That looks hella-cool!

I got that pic of this site which sells tube fenders. Hey, it's an option.
http://www.metalfusionfab.com/tj_tube_fenders.htm

SORRY about the big pic!

Whoa, after reading your subject title, I'm glad you're talking about your fenders!
hahaha good call, I didn't really think about it.
Those tube fenders look really good but way too much moolaa. I will just gut em and leave the flares off it looks really cool like that, but will the things fold like paper the first time I flex too much?

If you can get your hands on them, a pair of air shears would cut that no problem, no chips, and just like a hot knife through butter :)
If you have a compressor that is.......
and i actually think you can get your hands on one for about 40 bucks or so from harbor freight. :wink:

I cut my fenders like this so i could get more flex and i dont like the look of the fenders that stick way out.I used nothing but a sawzall and heres how it turned out.
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

(sorry about the large pics)

Make sure you know your local laws. In Utah your fender has to cover the whole tire. The tires can't stick out past the fender. Now all of that does not matter if you know someone to pass it hehehehehehe.

Back