rear trac bar

Tagg

hello everybody......still getting some noise from my jeep.....took a closer look at my rear trac bar ''from frame to diff'' some one has welded (really bad welding) a piece of the bracket back on ...the diff side...by doing this they have also attached the bolt to the bracket ...i hope i havent lost any one yet...i thing that the bar is making a banging noise when im driving over any bumps in the road..should replace the bushings or just completly get rid of it ...cause the lift kit im purchasing(rubi express 4.5 extreme) dosent send brackets for relocation they dont want it used???? i think

what kind of jeep is it? if its a yj you cand ditch it with no problems at all. tjs are a little different however

I've had my track bar off my YJ for a year now and haven't had any problems at all. In fact I did receive more flex when I took mine off.

Sparky-Watts said:
Any problem with yanking the track bar off a non-lifted YJ?

Well probably not, the rear springs have the shackle at the back end, so the rear axle stays centered by the leaf springs which are mounted to the frame at the front.

Keep in mind that lift springs are firmer and steadier. It would be easy enough to unbolt it and find out how it acts. It will allow a little more wheel travel ;)

ya know whats funny? i took off my front trac bar, and my 91 yj actually handled better on road. i still have me rear trac bar on cuz im lazy, but do you tink it will handle differently?

not running either front or rear trac bar.... w/4"lift - didnt notice a difference on road and better flex off road (was nervous about the front one but havent run a rear one on either of my jeeps) - pull em and be done w/it... but make sure you drive like you pulled them... like you should anyway in any lifted vehicle... carefully!

Back