Pinion angle

longdog

Ok so I thought it was maiden voyage day but I guess not. The other day I installed a T-Flex SYE in my case. Today I hooked up the case side of my TW double cardan shaft and went to hook the other end up to my new G2 44 rear axil. (which is another story) and the angle was incredible. Besides that even if I did pitch the pinion the cardan joints were mm. From binding. So I put my 1 in. drop back on my plate and it cured about everything except for my motors pointing for the sky. Is this right?? I went to fill my rear diff, put two quarts in and didn't even register. I wish G2 and 4WD was a little more helpful....they sure liked my or like my money. The Irish store said 80 145 in rear and 80 90 up front.

What year and model Jeep are you working on? Which drivetrain do you have?

97 wrangler. Actually drove it today and not much for vibration. I installed brown dog Polly motor and trans mounts to boot. I was a little worried. The axil break-in is going to be a little taxing though. One thing I'm noticing is I'm having just a little oil leak out of all the plugs on the diffs. I'm gonna change the oil at around 500 mi so I'll address them issues then. IDK I'm pry gonna put pipe dope or some kind of sealant on the threads

I've installed SYE kits on many many TJ's and never had to use a transfer case drop for the proper rear driveline angle. The only thing generally required is adjustable upper control arms in the rear in order to point the pinion directly at the transfer case yoke.

How much lift are you running?

You want to change the gear oil in the axles sooner after break-in, like after the first two cycles of heating the gears up and letting them cool.

5" pro-comp. I'd love to eliminate the drop but with it the alignment is perfect. I have adjustable upper arms. That makes so much sense on the oil. Auburn or G2 gave me the break-in steps. I'm not very happy with them..... G2 that is. Ok I've done my 2 20 mile under 40mph drives. They say now I need to do 2 hiway speed 20 mile drives. Is this right???? It makes total sense to change it early.... Get that burnt oil out. My buds got a D-track 60 in his and his break-in was totally different to what G-2 told me. As you know there's so much money wrapped up I need to and want to do it right. I'm already kicking myself for stopping at 44s. I maybe should have got 60s. I appreciate the input BH. I hate to say it but I may just keep the drop. IDK

Damn!! I've got 50 bucks a change but new gears cost more than that, I know

Back