New bumpers under construction and a question

Merlin

Here is a couple of pictures of my bumpers I am building. The mounts are all 3/4" steel bolted straight through the actual bumper to the frame front and rear. The mount run through the 2X4X3/16 steel tubing. All that is left is final welding.

http://members.toast.net/photos/library.asp?user=gaceks

Obviously everybody has their dream Jeep in the back of their head. My question to you is; If I were to build a Jeep from the ground-up using a Matkins or AFW frame, small block chevy, D-44 front, Ford 9" rear. What do you think the best tranmission for doing a lot of cross country driving plus the usual offroading. I have an Atlas ultra-low (3.8:1) tranfercase sitting in my garage. I have only used manuals in my CJ's, an NV4500 and currently a T18A but would condsider an automatic if it was built right.

I do a lot of highway miles and my CJ5 has done a good job for years but it's time to build a CJ7. I've been beating this drivetrain issue like a dead horse for months....

I'm also looking for a mounting plate for a Warn M8274-50 and have a new fuel sender to sell.

Advise[/url]

Here are some of the pics of my M8274 mount I made:
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Back