lift

dbr5010

RE: Re: Jeepz Message Board is now working?

I want lift my wrangler i was looking at a rc lift becausethe money can i put it own myself . help or input

I'm not usually one to write the "search before you post" line, but Rough Country has been discussed a good bit recently. Personally I will never buy another thing from them and I suggest you look at some comparably priced products before you make a purchase like Rusty's Offroad for one.

TC makes a good point about Rough Country lifts (springs are/have been a big problem). As far as whether you can put it on yourself, well, what kind of experience do you have in wrenching? What tools do you have? Do you have the space to work? Do you have a 55 gallon drum of PB Blaster? Do you have another vehicle to drive while you are working on this one?

SEARCH like TC said. you also probably want to be a LOT more specific. "help or input" when the only thing you said is RC lift is leaving the door open to a lot of different responses. you must have some idea of what you want. off roading a lot? just for looks? do you wanna fit 31" tires? or 44" tires? what year wrangler we talking? what axles do you have? there's a lot more involved than what you wrote.

www.rubiconexpress.com

your intensions are great, you gotta lift her, remember big tires are great but you need the gearing to spin em ... there is a lot of lift options ask questions .....i did!!!

Hey I saw your post about the RC lift and wanted to give you some feed back. First I have a 91 wrangler with an RC 3" lift about two years old. I am not a big offroader just knock around trails and go to the beach type jeep. I like the lift. Recently RC started using ****creek 4" springs and there have been complaints of sag. The issue has been cleared up but I would still by the lift direct from RC for warrenty resons they are good about replacement springs if you have a problem. The rear springs have the degree shimms permenenty attached so if you try and use a shackle lift with it you may get vibration I did with a 1" shackle dropped down to a stock shackle no vibration. lift looks and runs great with 32's installed. I did it with hand tools and a breaker bar its a ***** but can be done get some wd 40 or p blaster. While its apart I suggest and did myself install new front track bar bushing to avoid the deathwobble, steering stabilizer, and upper frame to shackle bushings. If you have any questions shoot me a PM

~Art

Back