Just Got a Note From Admin

Cappy_TX

Reminding me that I haven't posted on this Forum for some time. Truth of the matter is ... IT'S DUCK SEASON! In fact we still have 10 days to go.

My '06 Unlimited was bought to replace the combo of an F-150 4X4, 16' dual axle trailer and a Kawasaki Mule 4X4. I used to hook those up 5 out of 7 days a week and drive 5 miles to our wetlands property to hunt waterfowl. Not only was that wearing this old man out, I was getting that Mule stuck more often than I should have.

I found a super clean '06 Unlimited and bought it to outfit strictly as a swamp buggy for the dawgs. Pulled the rear seats and completely covered the interior portion with waterproof 1000 denier Shadow Grass Cordova material. It's a cinch to clean and the dawgs love it.

Now I can drive from the garage directly to the wetlands with no trailer hook up, loading, towing there and back again, and off-loading. We then drive the 1/2 mile from the highway gate back into the marsh in the Jeep in comfort and with the heater on in sub-freezing temps. I've driven through water and marsh that used to get the Mule bogged down.

APPARENTLY I STILL CAN'T POST PICS HERE. Maybe that's why I've not posted much, ya spose? :roll: :lol:

I like Duck

You'd make a great neighbor because I hate ducks and geese as food. Flying blood clots! :lol: Well, maybe not that bad but we 've killed over 180 so far this season and have prepared 5 or less. My wife makes a teriyaki stir fry mallard that's ok, and she also makes Canda Goose breast jerky that is acceptable.

All of the other ducks and geese are given to hunting partners, friends, neighbors or the Baptist church 1/2 mile down the highway from our place. My two yellow Labs live to hunt and my life pretty much evolves around those two dawgs.

Anticipating pics. Have you built the jeep up much from stock?

Let's see ... this should be my 5th post so maybe it will allow me to post a pic ... I'll give it a try.

WELL POOP, NO PICS ALLOWED UNTIL I MAKE ONE MORE POST

As far as modifications are concerned, I've made two major ones besides the rear seat removal and conversion of the back area to dawg hauler.

I added a high RPM custom steering wheel cover in advantage camo, and put in those really cool floor mats that I read about here (forgot the brand name). They capture all the mud and water. Oh, almost forgot ... I bought Ducks Unlimited Mud Flaps but haven't put them on yet.

Do these count?

Now, if they were telling me the truth, this is post # 6 so the picture should work ...

100_20114-1.jpg

Duck is a little gamey, but put it in a spicey dish... Hell ya. Of course, I will eat just about anything you put in front of me (please add joke here)

APPARENTLY I STILL CAN'T POST PICS HERE. Maybe that's why I've not posted much, ya spose? :roll: :lol:

For others - you should be able to attach pictures to your post, but not like to photos on other sites (until you have enough posts). Just click on the "Go advanced / upload photots" button, then on the "Upload pictures" button.

BTW ... this is a better view of how I've arranged the rear area for carrying dawgs, guns and hunting gear duing the season.

100_17544-2.jpg

100_17564-2.jpg

In the pic immediately above, you can see a jury-rigged dawg containment devise made of 1/2" PVC pipe that is attached to the roll bar with plastic zip ties and extends down to the bottom of the drink holders at the rear of the console. It was spray painted flat black before installing.

(In my best Elvis voice) ...

Thank ya, thank ya very much!

Back