It is ALIVE!!!!!! /evil laugh

BaconYJ

Well after nearly 3 years of off and on working on my jeep it finally runs again!!! Now it is time to start working out all the little bugs that it has developed over that time.

First bug has to do with i think fuel delivery. Every now and then the jeep will shutter, dropping it's rmp by nearly 2k then surge back up. It makes doing rocks and other climbs.... interesting. I replaced the fuel filter this past weekend thinking that may be part of the problem because the Jeep sat for so long. It seemed to help but not completely fix the problem. Could this be caused by a dying fuel pump?

Second bug is a ticking/clacking somewhere within the drive train. It only occurs when the Jeep has been running for some time and is nice and warm. The engine is a 4cyl 2.5L rabid chipmunk. I rebuilt and dropped in behind it a SM465 granny transmission which is coupled to a NP231 with an Advance Adapters SYE kit. I can not feel the ticking/clacking in the transmission while holding onto the shifter. I will try to get a recording of it in the next couple days to help discribe what is going on.

Other than those 2 bugs everything else seems to be running just fine. Now if I can only find a set of wheels and tires 33inches or smaller so I can get emissions done. The Colorado Clean Air company that does the emissions will not do a vehical with tires over 33 inches because they will not fit on the dyno. :x Therefore have to find/barrow/rent something smaller. If anyone knows of a tire shop that does this for the 8 lug (standard F350/chevy HD rims) it would be very appreciated.

Bacon

Congrats on getting it up and running. What year and type is it?

BC

Back