Im losing my mind

muddcakedmaniac

Ok so if you dont already know i have an 87 yj 4.2 inline 6. I just bought and installed a new remanufactured carter carb. Its a 2 barrel, the weather has been cold and nastey here. Know the jeep idles whenever it wants to. Some days itf fine others whenever you let off the gas or pulling the clutch and slow down the rpms go to 0 and its dies..... I sprayed carb cleaner around the hoses to the carb while the jeep was running to see if the idle changed but it didnt. Know i think it just has no vaccum or somthing . Because usually when its all warmed up it idles fine but there have been times when its all warmed up and it still wont idle.

The little rod that goes to the piece of plactic with the notches on it that allows the jeep to idle and warm up doesnt do what its suppose to . ( its hard for me to explain this because ei dont know the names of things ) It just drops all the was down before the jeep is ready for it to. It cant even hold its own weight up. But its wierd because somtimes it works and others it doesnt. Is it just the cold weather ??? ( i belive that it could play a part in it but for the thing to flat out not idle is just wrong !!! ) Im so fustrated and i just dont kno what to do... Tomarrow im going to take every hose that is going to the carb off and check it for cracks/ clogs / whatever the heII could be wrong ......

Please help, any imput would be great ,and if theres any questions about my explanations of whats wrong just ask and ill try to explain better.......

<your fellow jeeper>

Back